Seeing is Believing!Operating Deflection Shape video analysis of equipment operation with amplified motion.
Optical Flow ODS (also known as Motion Amplification ODS™) accurately measures structure surface vibration which is translated into the machine’s overall motion.
The recording uses a standard high-speed camera typical of that used in machine vision applications.
The video is post processed using Vibrant Technology's Me'Scope application. The result is a plot of the time waveform, the FFT of the spectrum of the motion, and a video image that is animated using either the time waveform or the spectrum data.
Comparison of a traditional ODS model to an Optical Flow ODS video:
Assessment of Optical Flow ODSPros:
- The time required to gather the data image is short
- The point density is high as compared to roving accelerometers
- “A picture is worth a thousand words” (unknown author)
- Meaningful results may be obtained with minimal training
- Lighting is very important. Bright lights are required
- The image is two dimensional only. Unlike Me'Scope where the structure can be rotated.
- The camera motion needs to be taken into account.
- There is a lot of science behind the image. Be careful of mis-interpretation.
Optical Flow ODS Products & Services Offered By ETSEngineering Testing Service Co. offers Optical Flow ODS analysis service as part of its dynamic analysis offering of modal analysis, vibration analysis and stress analysis.
As a sales rep for Me'Scope, ETS is proud to offer this test system capability as well.
The total package from Vibrant consists of:
- VT-620 Visual ODS™
Includes unlimited storage of time waveforms, frequency spectra, & Sweep & Dwell ODS animation, video recording
- VES-3600 Advanced Signal Processing
- VES-9000 ODS Video Processing™
- VT-800 High-Speed Camera Kit™